Fabric Paints & Dyes
Fabric Paint & Fabric Dye
Fabric paints used to paint or dye fabric sofas, clothes, shoes and all other items of fabric. Our Fabric Paint can be used to paint designs onto fabric or used to restore or change the colour of fabric.
The Fabric Paint is applied easily by sponge or brush, or it can also be used as a fabric spray paint, and be sprayed onto fabric.
- Fabricoat Fabric Paint
A non-hazardous & non-flammable Fabric Paint used for restoring or changing the colour to fabrics.From £9.95
Fabric Paint used for restoring or changing the colour of fabrics
- Fabric Paint transforms colour without changing the texture or making the material stiff
- The Fabric Paint can be used to refurbish faded and damaged fabric or transform it into something new.
- Paint fabric easily with a sponge or paint brush
- Spray onto fabrics as a fabric spray paint.
- Paint onto fabrics using a paint brush, stamp or stencil.
- Shoe Colouring Kit
A quick and easy method of changing or restoring the colour to any item of footwear, whether leat...From £8.95
A quick and easy method of changing or restoring the colour to any item of footwear, whether leather, fabric, or suede.
- Completely transform any item of leather, suede, or fabric footwear with one handy shoe dye kit.
- Perfect for restoring colour to old, faded shoes.
- Shoe colourant is colour safe; providing a water-resistant, durable coating
- This shoe dye restores leather and suede shoes, as well as fabric, canvas and silk.
About Fabric Dye
Fabric Dye is made from a natural or synthetic substance and is designed to soak into and change the colour of fabric. Normally diluted with water, a material needs to be submerged into the dye to get complete colour uniformity.
The downside to fabric dyes is that because they are soluble in water, any liquid spillages can displace the dye. This effect can be reduced with the addition of a dye fixative, but these can also cause the fibres to stiffen.
The application method for dyes also makes them more suited for changing the colour of fabrics at the manufacturing stage, rather than in the home.
About Fabric Paint
Fabric Paint on the other hand is designed for easier application onto fabrics already made into items; such as furniture and soft furnishings. They can be applied by brush, cloth or spray and used to restore or change the colour of fabric.
Unlike a fabric dye that soaks though the fibres to change the colour, the fabric paint coats each individual fibre, hiding the original colour. This means that you can get fabric paints in a much larger range of colours compared to fabric dyes.