Removes the migration of fat liquors and prevents recurrences.
- Suitable for all types of leather
- Easy application
- Instant results
- Removes white hazes (spew) from leather & prevents re-occurrenc
Sometimes fatliquors used during the tanning process or natural animal fat within the leather can migrate to the surface leaving a white hazy film, this is known as spew, and can often be mistaken as mould.
Spew can be identified by heating the leather with a hairdryer. When warmed up the spew will dissolve, however it reappears as it cools.
The film can be wiped away or cleaned off with a normal cleaner but it will always reappear.
The Spew Remover extracts the spew from the leather and penetrates into the leather to prevent the spew recurring.
Spew Remover Suitable For
Spew Remover can be used on all types of leather except Suede/NuBuck. It also works on all items of leather such as furniture, car interior, clothes, shoes & handbags.
• Aniline & Semi-Aniline Leather
• Pigmented Leather
• Oil & Wax Pull Up Leather
• BiCast Leather
• Two Tone, Mottled & Antique Finished Leather
Spew Remover Coverage & Shelf Life
250ml Spew Remover is enough to thoroughly wipe down and remove spew from a full three piece suite.
Store in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Store between 8°C and 30°C.
Once opened, use within three years.
1. Test on a hidden area before use. Apply to a soft cloth and rub the problem area of leather. Keep rotating to a clean part of the cloth dampened in Spew Remover to ensure proper absorption and to reduce spreading the spew.
2. After 24 hours if the problem reoccurs, repeat this process.
Note: If you have an area with an excessive amount of spew, clean this off first using our Leather Cleaner and then wipe the leather down with the Spew Remover to stop it from coming back.
Q. Can this damage my leather?
A. No. The Spew Remover will simply remove the fat liquors from the leather.
Q. Can this be used as a general leather cleaner?
A. No, this is for removing spew only. If you are looking to clean your leather we would recommend our Leather Cleaner.
Q. Can I use the Protection Cream after using Spew Remover?
A. Yes, we would recommend this, however, do not apply it straight away. Once you have cleaned the affected area, you should wait 24 hours before protecting the leather as the spew may reoccur. If it does, reclean the area and wait a further 24 hours to ensure all the spew has been removed.