Cleaning a Leather Sofa
When it comes to caring for your leather furniture you first need to clean the leather using a Leather Sofa Cleaner, and then protect it afterwards using a Leather Protection Cream.
Regular maintenance using both products will help keep your leather sofa in the best condition possible. You can purchase these products individually, or as part of our leather cleaning kit that represents better value for money.
All of our leather cleaners and kits above have been sold for many years and are all vetted and approved by the Good Housekeeping Institute. We've produced our products so that they perform to their best when being used on leather sofas and leather furniture.
Applying Leather Sofa Cleaner
Using a leather sofa cleaner is easy. Just simply pour the cleaner onto a sponge or brush and start to clean the leather. If the leather is quite dirty then using a brush will make your job much easier. However, if you're just looking to give your sofa a gentle clean then using a sponge will be sufficient.
When cleaning a leather sofa, always clean in circular motions and clean one full panel at a time. Once cleaned, wipe the surface with a clean cloth to remove any excess leather cleaner and then leave it to dry for five or 10 minutes.
Our Top Tips when Cleaning a Leather Sofa
1. Test the leather cleaner on a hidden area first to make sure it is completely safe for the type of leather you have. Our Leather Cleaner is tried and tested to work on all leather types, however we still recommend testing on an unseen area just to be sure.
2. Clean with foam. Our Leather Cleaner, when added to the sponge and agitated turns into foam. Cleaning with foam is safer as it prevents the leather from getting wet, and the foam also absorbs the dirt that can then be wiped off easily with a clean cloth.
3. Use a brush to clean a dirty leather sofa. Cleaning with a brush is a lot quicker and easier if the leather is very dirty, or if the dirt is deeply ingrained.
4. Clean in circular motions. Because leather is grained, and the grain runs in all directions, you need to clean in circular motions to ensure the cleaner gets deep down into the grain.
5. Protect after cleaning. Once you have cleaned your leather sofa, apply the Leather Protection Cream. This will help stop the dirt getting stuck in the grain of the leather, making cleaning your leather sofa next time an awful lot easier.
Leather Sofa Cleaner Results
The below leather chair has been cleaned using our Leather Cleaner on one half. You can see what was once white leather was looking very dirty and grey but with the use of our leather sofa cleaner is has brought the leather back to the brilliant white colour it once was!